Mobility Scooter Battery Charging
- Q: How often do I need to charge my Mobility Scooter batteries?
A: Charge it over night after each time you use the Mobility Scooter using the supplied battery charger.
- (Do NOT wait until it gets into the RED band)
- If you are NOT using your mobility scooter for a long period of time, then charge it once a month for 12 hours, to maintain the charge.
- Q: How long should I charge my Mobility Scooter?
A: You should charge it for at least 12 hours. Note when the green light on the charger comes on, the battery is about 90 to 95% charged, and should be left on for a further 1 to 2 hours.
- Q: If I leave my Mobility Scooter on charge for a day or more, can it damage the batteries?
A: No, the charger will switch itself off internally once it is fully charged. If left connected to the charger, (with the mains power switched on) for a long period of time (2 weeks plus) then the charger will keep the battery charge topped up.
- Q: If I have finished charging my Mobility Scooter do I need to disconnect the charger?
A: I would always recommend switching off and disconnecting the charger at the end of a charge. Due to some chargers are prone to discharge the batteries if only the mains are switched off and the batteries are left connected to the charger.
- Q: Can I use a car battery charger to charge my Mobility Scooter?
A: No, it will damage the batteries.
- Q: How much will it cost to charge my Mobility Scooter batteries?
A: Depending upon the size of your batteries, the charger is only 36 to 96 watts which at 16 pence a kwh and a 12 hour charge would be about 7 to 18 pence per charge.
- Q: How far can I go on a single charge?
A: The distance given in your user manual is for, a flat run with a new scooter with new batteries and no head wind. And probably could never be achieved in normal use, I always quote about 2 miles less than the distance in the manual.
Remember to get your Mobility scooter serviced
If you get your Mobility scooter serviced by CCF Mobility the following items will be checked, tested and serviced:
- Electrical systems
- Battery Capacity
- Charger performance
- Mechanical items
- Safety systems
To book a service just call
Caring Comes First Mobility on 01189 773 116 or fill in the form below
One of our friendly staff will book your service for a date and time convenient for you.